Pages

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Waiting for the big one

One thing I've noticed on here is--all I do is give out advice. Which is nice... But maybe it would also benefit you guys if I talk about my writing struggles? Nothing too personal. (Don't want to be "that girl who complains all the time.") But maybe seeing my struggles will help you guys see, "Hey, I'm not alone!"

I feel no regret about shelving my previous project.  The more I think about it, the more I think "That was a terrible book and I can do better!" (Yes, I know one of my betas will read this and go "But I loved it!" Yes, and I love that you loved it, thanks girl. :D) I feel like my skills are growing and now that I know that, with my new-found knowledge, that book wasn't worth publishing... Like, ever.

So now I'm kind of stuck. I literally do not know what to write next. I've had ideas--but nothing that really screams 'WRITE ME!' I've written 5k for two decentish ideas. I like them but... Again, nothing I feel like I should be writing RIGHT NOW BECAUSE I LOVE IT THAT MUCH. I feel like I'm just... Waiting for that great idea to come. THE big idea.

When it comes I'll let you guys know. Or maybe I'll be selfish and hoard the idea all to myself and have it be sekrit. (Shannon Messenger talked about sekrit projects on her blog and I think it sounds super motivating.) Who knows?!

No comments:

Post a Comment